Cyclyx International LLC is an innovative, waste-plastic-feedstock-management company with a mission to drive the current recycling rate of waste plastics from 10% to 90%. We need a cost accountant to support the development and management of the full-range of waste-plastic to feedstock flows.
An Overview of the Cost Accountant Role
Your principal organizational impact in this “hands-on” role is to collect, monitor and/or create and use financial models/applications that inform the decision-making and accounting treatment for the organization.
Critical Conditions for Success
Supply Chain Modeling and Analysis
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs, collecting operational data.
- Works closely with the VP of Supply Chain & Feedstock Sourcing plus supply chain team to understand production schedules, contracts, inventory movements and other supply chain matters in order to ensure inventory is fairly stated on the balance sheet.
- Creates processes to perform variance analysis such as Purchase Price Variance, Material Usage Variance, Efficiency Variance and Labor Rate Variance.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses, studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Monitors, measures, and refines KPIs, metrics and operational performance.
- Will work closely with the VP of Operations to evolve and provide accounting support for multiple major projects.
- Creates and posts journal entries relevant to costing activities.
- Reconciles inventory accounts.
- Supports monthly close cycle.
- Assists in the completion of annual budgets and forecast.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- 3+ years of cost accounting experience.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost-control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems; NetSuite experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting or a degree in another area with equivalent experience
- Excellent business acumen, commitment to teamwork, and results orientation.
- Superior interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-confidence, initiative, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics.
Reports to: CFO
Type: Salaried; full time
Regular Work Hours: 8:30-5:00. There will be evening and weekend work.
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Work environment: professional office
Travel: The work will mostly be performed locally, though occasional travel should be expected.
Physical Demands: are in keeping with an “office job”