The Rationale for this Position
Cyclyx International LLC is a newly-formed Joint Venture between Agilyx AS and ExxonMobil Chemical Company committed to addressing the worldwide plastic waste problem. Cyclyx is seeking a business development professional to be an integral part of launching and scaling our innovative waste-plastic-feedstock-management business model to help drive the current recycling rate of waste plastics from10% to 90%.
The Sourcing Agent is responsible for ensuring that Cyclyx customers have a steady and predictable supply of feedstock per specification and the associated supplier network. The Agent will be engaging with potential feedstock sources identified by a Target List, assessing their waste streams for compatibility with Cyclyx customer requirements. Cyclyx will identify the need for polymer types and the Agent will be responsible for locating and qualifying suppliers of qualifying feedstock. This role requires a hands-on, knowledgeable, highly responsive team player who is a self-starter, resourceful, and brings creativity and strong interpersonal skills to the organization.
Critical Conditions for Success
- Works in concert with the organization to engage with prospective suppliers, build relationships, and qualify samples. This is done by using one’s skills to validate and convert potential targets to a qualified feedstock supplier.
- Maintains strong customer relationships.
- Meets team and personal KPI quotas.
- Provides feedback on suitability of Target List and how it can be improved to increase effectiveness.
- Assist in on-boarding new sourcing agents as requested.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a sourcing agent or in customer service in the field preferred
- Understanding of basic sourcing fundamentals (optional)
- Position will be engaging in and delivering value within a highly technical business. As such, this position will require a candidate with the ability to understand technical information.
- Strong and effective negotiating skills that substantively contribute to building customer relationships by maximizing customer engagement with the Cyclyx mission
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience communicating and collaborating efficiently and effectively with a co-located team
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally at all levels in the organization
- Basic proficiency with Office Suite
- At least a 2-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent business acumen, commitment to teamwork, and results orientation.
- Superior interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-confidence, initiative, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics.
Reports to: SVP, Business Development
Type: Hourly; full time
Work Hours: Flexible, but generally 8:00-5:00.
Location: Houston, TX; after training, remote work is a possibility
Work environment: professional office and manufacturing
Travel: 10-20% (travel is currently being curtailed as a result of COVID-19)
Physical Demands is substantially that of an office environment. Occasional lifting and manual work.