The Rationale for this Position
Agilyx’s mission is to provide technical solutions for chemical recycling of post-use plastics. The Agilyx Lab in Tigard provides plastic testing services, supports Agilyx’s Engineering and Business Development teams and carries out fundamental research & development to discover novel circular recycling pathways for plastics. The R&D team provides internal R&D services; supports the development of customer projects and provides testing services and assistance to Agilyx and Cyclyx, the plastic feedstock sourcing subsidiary. In this newly created position, you will manage the day-to-day operations that support our R&D team
Managing the day-to-day operations of the Tigard, OR laboratory include:
- Receiving and log incoming samples
- Documenting testing requests, prioritizing and managing the workflow required to produce data and reports
- Creating and maintaining documentation – work instructions, materials and methods
- Coordinating communications with 3rd party external labs
- Managing the installation of new equipment and ongoing equipment servicing and maintenance.
- Managing consumables and general lab equipment purchasing and inventory control
- Generating shipping paperwork and managing the packaging and shipping of lab samples and larger quantity materials to external labs and customers
- Liaison between EH&S and lab personnel to ensure laboratories are compliant with applicable regulations including waste stream management
- Has experience with similar roles focused on plastics/polymer or chemical production.
- Has practical knowledge of chemical and plastic and polymer testing methods and equipment (for example: FTIR, XRF, GC, CIC)
- A coordination/management role with technical knowledge.
- Experience in a similar role with proven ability to complete tasks on time.
Technical qualification in the general areas of chemistry or polymer science preferred.
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics.
- Shows a high level of organization and can manage information, data and physical samples through typical lab workflows.
- Has the ability to work closely with a small team in a flexible environment.
Reports to: Director, R&D
Type: Salaried; full time
Work Hours: generally 8:00-5:00, Monday to Friday. There could be occasional evening and weekend work.
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Work environment: professional office, manufacturing, and lab
Travel: is not expected
Physical Demands: substantially that of an office environment; occasional lifting and manual work; must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.