We are on the verge of deploying and commissioning our first client plant and need someone to guide the accompanying documentation effort to completion. Along with overall coordination of the documentation effort, this position will require writing and editing of technical documents, as well as updating and maintaining supporting documentation for our existing manufacturing facility.
Plastic waste is an immense global challenge, with only 10% of post-use plastic is recycled today. The rest ends up in landfills, incinerators and the environment due to its chemical complexity, contamination and an infrastructure built for a different kind of economy. Agilyx has spent the last 15 years changing this. With Agilyx’s chemical recycling technology and intelligent feedstock management system, plastic waste can be converted to new virgin equivalent plastics, as well as chemical products and fuels – creating the opportunity for true circularity.
- Create technical documentation required to support defined business needs
- Lead cross-functional effort to create and compile documentation package necessary for installation, commissioning, and operation and maintenance of client plants
- Develop supporting technical materials that enable proper installation, operation, and maintenance of supplied equipment, including procedures and principles
- Maintain and update Engineering and Operations documentation for existing manufacturing facility
- Experience & expertise in developing technical and instructional documents for industrial equipment & processes
- Experience with developing instructional documents for systems used in regulated and hazardous environments
- Proven ability to leverage technical reference documents such as P&ID’s, process flow diagrams and schematics to develop technical procedures and narrative
- Has an Affinity for leveraging both technical and non-technical oriented staff to produce instructional documents tailored for equipment owners and operators
- Skilled user of Microsoft Word and Visio
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in technical writing, English, journalism, or other writing intensive program
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics
- Team player with the ability to interact effectively with engineers, operations, and outside engineering firm personnel
- Highly organized with attention to detail; strong project management capabilities
Reports to: Director of Project Management
Type: Salaried; full time
Work Hours: generally 8:00-5:00, Monday to Friday. There could be occasional evening and weekend work.
Location: Tigard, Oregon / remote
Work environment: professional office, manufacturing, and lab
Travel: is not expected
Physical Demands: substantially that of an office environment; occasional lifting and manual work