One of the key innovations, Cyclyx is driving in the recycling industry is the development of new, custom supply chains. Critical to that innovation is developing take-back and collection programs from partners to facilitate recycling of waste plastic that is currently destined for a landfill. To develop those programs a robust logistics network is required and in most cases is specific to each project. This position will work to design, develop, and commercially implement these logistics networks to support these critical programs.
- Lead projects to design, develop, and commercially execute logistics operations to support Cyclyx take-back and collection programs
- Work with Cyclyx program managers and sourcing agents to support members and sources in developing take-back programs, solving both on-site and off-site challenges
- Develop logistics partners, including negotiating contracts, to execute logistics for waste plastic recycling
- Determine if and where Cyclyx owned locations may be a fit for logistics needs
- Experience in and wide array of logistics operations, including transportation, storage and processing
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry
- Strong and effective negotiating skills that substantively contribute to building critical supplier/vendor relationships
- Experience communicating and collaborating efficiently and effectively with a team across remote locations and different time zones
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally at all levels in the organization
- Basic proficiency with Office 360 and NetSuite
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent business acumen, commitment to teamwork, and results orientation.
- Superior interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-confidence, initiative, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics.
Reports to: COO
Type: Salary; full time
Work Hours: Flexible, but generally 8:00-5:00
Location: Houston, TX is highly preferred
Work environment: professional office
Travel: up to 20%
Physical Demands are substantially that of an office environment.