Senior Data Engineer – Competitive – Portsmouth, NH or Remote
Do you have 5-10 years’ experience in a software development or analytics field, with at least 5 years of directly applicable data engineering experience? Are you keen to take this to an award-winning innovative company that is committed to addressing the worldwide plastic waste problem?
If so, Agilyx is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to be the authority on topics related to data ingestion, data pipelines, application integration, and data warehousing.
The key responsibilities of a Senior Data Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and maintenance of optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Take ownership of continuous improvement efforts for data by identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using modern cloud-native technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
Plastic waste is an immense global challenge, with only 10% of post-use plastic is recycled today. The rest ends up in landfills, incinerators and the environment due to its chemical complexity, contamination and an infrastructure built for a different kind of economy. Agilyx is changing this. With Agilyx’s chemical recycling technology and intelligent feedstock management system, mixed plastic waste can be converted to new virgin equivalent plastics, as well as chemical products and fuels – creating the opportunity for true circularity.
The key skills and qualities of a Senior Data Engineer:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a software development or analytics field, with at least 5 years of directly applicable data engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of ETL/ELT and streaming data tools, and best practices for each; broad knowledge of open-source tools preferred
- Experience building high-throughput, low-latency data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Advanced proficiency in object-oriented programming language(s); Python preferred
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, relational data modelling, and cloud database administration
- Experience with a variety of row and columnar databases, as well as object and document storage
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Experience building and maintaining metadata repositories
- Strong project management and organizational skills
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.