Sustainability Director – Competitive – New Hampshire (NH) / US east coast (remote applicants welcome)
Do you have at least three years of experience in managing programs related to Sustainability, preferably in a manufacturing company or consulting firm?
If so, Agilyx, a company committed to solving the world’s plastic waste problem are looking for an Sustainability Director to further strengthen its sustainability/ESG programs, which are a central element to the company’s mission.
The key responsibilities of the Sustainability Director include, but are not limited to:
- Create a framework for collecting environmental and other data for the annual sustainability report.
- Assess EHS/Sustainability software platforms; select, pilot, and configure a digital platform for the collection/validation of emissions and sustainability data.
- Provide quantitative data and content for annual public sustainability reporting. Work with Investor Relations to complete ESG information requests from investors for ESG ratings.
- Serve as the company expert on the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, and work with Agilyx operations team to establish the company’s current carbon footprint (Scope 1 and 2).
- Serve as a key member of the team developing the Annual Report/Integrated Report and help advance Agilyx toward GRI-aligned public reporting.
Plastic waste is an immense global challenge, with only 10% of post-use plastic is recycled today. The rest ends up in landfills, incinerators and the environment due to its chemical complexity, contamination and an infrastructure built for a different kind of economy. Agilyx is changing this. With Agilyx’s chemical recycling technology and intelligent feedstock management system, mixed plastic waste can be converted to new virgin equivalent plastics, as well as chemical products and fuels – creating the opportunity for true circularity.
The key skills and qualities of Sustainability Director:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Chemistry or Environmental Science from an accredited institution is required. An advanced degree such as MS in an engineering/science discipline or MBA is preferred.
- Must have at least 10 years of professional work experience, including at least 3 years managing programs related to Environmental Regulatory Compliance or Sustainability, preferably in a manufacturing company or consulting firm.
- Candidates with experience in the following are highly preferred: environmental permitting, environmental regulatory affairs, carbon footprint reporting under Greenhouse Gas Protocol/CDP Scope 1 and 2, EHSQ software, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Life Cycle Analysis work.
- Candidates should be confident public speakers, able to interact with external parties, champion advanced recycling, and represent the company’s brand.
- Teamwork and collaboration are important, along with the initiative to create new programs where none exist today and get buy-in from leadership for new programs and projects.
- Detail oriented and technically strong. Should have a broad understanding of commercial, regulatory and emerging issues and trends in areas related to chemicals, plastics and recycling/waste management, as well as working knowledge of US and EU laws and regulations related to environment, health, safety and sustainability.
- A strong ability to lead via influence, persuasion, negotiation, and effective communications across all levels of the organization, from front-line technicians to the Board of Directors.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.